Wednesday 26 February 2014

Stretched ear lobes

I've been thinking about getting another jewelry box just for my tapers, plugs, eyelets and so on. I've got about a million piercing jeweleries already (I'm exaggerating, don't worry mum, I spend my money on food as well, promise), and since I'm going to have to buy bigger jewelry the bigger my earlobe gets (only stretching the left one for now), it will take up more space and I should probably get another box.


This is the box I have now. 

Top row right to left: straight barbells (tongue piercings), blue straight barbells, nose piercings, taper set, plugs+eyelets
Mid row right to left: curved barbells (belly button piercings), curved barbells with decorations, circular barbells, CBR's, labrets, spare labret balls, industrial/scaffolds
Bottom row right to left: locks for 'regular' ear studs, big ear studs, mid sized ear studs, small coloured ear studs, pearl ear studs

In the "stretched ears" department, these are the stretching tools and jewelry I have at the moment:


Taper set, 14G (1,6mm)-00G (8mm). The 10G (2,5mm) taper is 
missing from the picture because I'm using it.

One thing about tapers. They are not jewelry. You're not supposed to walk around with them, you're supposed to use them as a tool to stretch the piercing to become big enough to put a plug or an eyelet through it.


14G (1,6mm) plug.


12G (2,0mm) plug


10G (2,5mm) single flared eyelet. 

Eyelet's are what some people call tunnels. You don't put a tunnel in your ear, you drive through it. The hollow thing you put in your ear is called an eyelet, capiche? 


Two 8G (3,2mm) plugs and a single flared 8G eyelet.

Eyelets can be either single or double flared. You couldn't tell too well on the other picture, but if you look closely on the eyelet in this picture, you can see that it's wider in one end than the other and that the other end has got an O-ring on it. If it was double flared, it would get wider in each end, but you need to have a looser piercing to wear double flared eyelets. 


Single flared 4G (5,1mm) eyelet.

At the moment, the short term plan is to get to 10G (2,5mm), and that's what I'm doing now. I'll have to let it rest for about a week or two before going further to prevent any tearing in the earlobe. (I'll get back to that). My long term plan is to get to 00G (8mm). I'm not sure if I'm going to go bigger once I get to 00G, because it's hard to shrink back to regular size when you go bigger than 00G, and seeing as I'm aspiring to work with crime scene investigation, I'll probably want to have a more professional appearance. At least I know my mum would want me to, haha!

Anyway, back to the original issue. Since I have 21 piercings and therefore need all the other jewelry as well, I'll probably need to buy another box when I've been stretching for a while. I'll be buyng bigger plugs and stuff, and they'll take up a lot of room, so I might as well, right? Luckily, they're not all that expensive, I think I payed £5 for the one I have on Ebay. I get most my piercing jewelry from Ebay, by the way. It's cheap, it's delivered quickly and as long as you stick to metal stuff and don't go wandering into the world of plastics, you will probably not get cancer from the stuff you buy there. 

Right, I'm going to stop procrastinating. I have an assignment due monday and so far all I've done is research and spider charts and whatnot. Have a feeling that sunday night is going to be a long one if I don't get started today.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude and abusive comments will be deleted.