Friday 14 February 2014

Going out into the storm

The weather outside is really bad. It's a lot like it is at home sometimes, which isn't exactly normal over here. The trees are bending in the wind and the rain is coming down in buckets, and what do we do on nights like these? We shove aside the fact that we have a cold and should stay in bed, and go out! I know I should probably stay in bed with a cup of tea tonight, but going out with friends, having a good time is a lot more tempting, so that's the plan!

Yesterday, I started the process of changing uni courses. I really enjoy studying Criminology and I wihs I could continue with it, but I'm scared I won't be able to get the job that I want with a BA in Criminology and an MA in forensic science, so in september I'm either transferring to 2nd year Forensics or I'm starting over to do a full BA in foresics. I'm really excited about it because forensic science is something that has fascinated me for years, and I hope that when I've made the change, I'll be happy with it and that with a lot of hard work towards my degree to get the best grade possible, I'll be able to get the job that I want. I'm not quite sure where I'm aspiring to end up yet, if I want to stay in the UK and work for New Scotland Yard or if I want to go back to Norway and work for Kripos, but there's a lot of time left to decide that.

A few days ago, I spontaneously ordered a stretcher set on Ebay. I'm not going big, just a few millimeters, but I'm really excited about it! I got the set today and was really surprised that I could go straing to the 2mm taper without having to put in the 1,6mm for a few days first, like you usually do. However, the labrets I've beeen using for a while is 1,5mm, so I guess I wouldn't have been that surprised if I'd given it some thought. What annoys me, though, is that I also bought some plugs to use between stretching periods, and they are 1,6mm, 2mm and 3mm and since the 1,6mm taper is too small, I won't be able to use the 1,6mm plugs at all.. I also bought a really cool marble taper, but that's 1,6mm as well... Oh well, first world problems, eh?

The 30 day challenge is giving me issues at this point. The sets yesterday were really tough and especially the squats and abs challenges are getting a bit much to handle and I sort of wish I had done them one at a time. Still though, I can handle it. We're talking about devoting 15-20 minutes each day to be in a bit of pain to get stronger, and that's not that bad. After all, I've only been at it for 10 days, giving up now would be nothing short of embarassing. It's all about will power, and there's no lack of will power in my mind.

I'm off to take a shower and then I'm going out with a bunch of Norwegian people! The weather will be a challenge, but at least I won't be drunk and make stupid decisions, so that's good at least! Maybe I'll put a picture or two on here from tonight, when I blog tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude and abusive comments will be deleted.