Monday 17 February 2014

Can't sleep to save my life

I have no idea about what to blog about at the moment, so I'll do an "ask me" sheet, so that you might get to know me a bit better. There might be some surprises in here for people that know me as well, actually! That sounded really stuck up, but you know what I meant.

1. Is this the best year of your life?

If we're talking about school years, then yes, definitely. I do miss the people I used to go to school with and I somewhat miss living with my parents just for the sake of being able to see them every day, but as far as independence, responsibility and adventures goes this has definitely been the best year of my life.

2. What was the first thing you did when you woke up?

I checked Sims on my tablet. I started playing a few days ago and I'm totally hooked at the moment!

3. The person you like is..

.. probably not going to read this, but I don't want to take any chances. We don't know each other that well and I wouldn't like to be portrayed online without any say in what goes into the text, if I were in his shoes. Let's just say my closest friends knows who it is and that I like him a lot.

4. Is anything bothering you?

The only thing that I keep thinking about is that I don't know what I'm going to do for mobility during summer vacation. I mean, I know that it's probably good for me, not being able to go anywhere by car because it will save me a lot on fuel and shopping expenses, and my parents have said that they won't mind driving me to and from work even if I do have night shifts, but I'm not sure I'm going to have the heart to ask them to come pick me up in the middle of the night two nights a week for four months.. And also, my dad will be at sea for a lot of that time, and I think that's way too big a burden to put on my mum.

I get that the doctors took my drivers license away because of secutiry matters, to make sure I won't hurt myself or others, but it still sucks. It takes away every sense of independence and adulthood that I feel like I have when I'm at home. I didn't feel independent at all until I got my drivers license and was able to go where I wanted, but now that's been taken away. I've understood that to get it back, I'll have to pass the same test that I had done over christmas and I'm dead scared that I won't. I can't go without a drivers license for ever, because I love driving so unbelieveably much and all my friends from back home can vouch for that being the truth! I just hope this nightmare will be over in a year.

5. Does anyone annoy you? 

I'm not going to answer that, because if there's anyone I'm annoyed with, I'd rather take it up with them than to have them read some text on my blog, realise it's about them and feel hurt. Let's be grown up about stuff like this, shall we?

6. Would you like things to go "back to normal" with a certain someone?

Yes. I think everyone has someone in their life that they wish things would go "back to normal" with. However, because of the reasons listed in No. 5, I want to do my best to not tell my side of the stories in any drama I might be having in my life on this blog, because I would rather talk it out with them than to have them read my side of the story here and maybe get the wrong impression.

7. What was the last thing you did before going to bed last night?

Brushed my teeth, undressed, put on my obnoxiously big t-shirt that I usually sleep in, and went to bed.

8. Is life good?

Life would be better if I still had my drivers license and was allowed to drink, but other than that, life is good!

9. Do you remember who you liked on New Years?

I don't think I liked anyone on New Years, really.

10. Do you still like them? 

Since I didn't like anyone, I can't still like them, can I?

11. Do you still speak to them?

Same as above.

12. Ever told your parents you were going somewhere but went somewhere else? 

Yes. 8th December 2012 me and the girl that are coming to visit on tuesday, Kristine, went to Tønsberg (about 9 hours of driving from where we live) to watch our favourite band, Oslo Ess (who's coming out with a new record today by the way!), perform. My parents thought I was at Kristine's place and her parents thought that we were at another friends place, while really, we were 9 hours away in her dad's brand new car. It was undoubtedly the most fun road trip I've ever been on!

Fun fact from that trip: It was -26 degrees celsius and Kristine thought it was a good idea to wash the car. Not in a carwash, by hand, outside a gas station somewhere in between where we live and Tønsberg. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the customers and staff in the gas station when we tried to wash the car when it was 26 degrees below the freezing point!

13. Are you dating the last person you kissed on the lips? 

No.

14. Do you hate the last girl you had a conversation with?

You can just tell that some of these questions are designed to create drama! The answer is boring, it's no. The last girl I had a conversation with was Sharleen, and I love her to bits!

15. Would you go out with someone right now if they asked? 

I wouldn't go out with just anyone, since I'm dating someone, and if he asked me if I wanted to go do something right now I would have probably said no, seeing as it's 2AM at the moment and I have 9AM lectures tomorrow. However, if he turned up outside my door at this second, I would have to say yes, wouldn't I?

16. Three days from now, will you be in a relationship?

I doubt it. We are taking things very slow and I like it that way. Give it three weeks or three months, and the answer might be different!

17. If someone liked you right now, would you want them to tell you? 

No. I like the guy I'm dating and they wouldn't get anything from telling me except heart ache and a ruined friendship. However, what you need to get over someone is often a rejection, so it might help them move on to someone else.

18. Have you kissed anyone in the last month?

I haven't kissed anyone, but I've been kissed.

19. What was the last reason you went to the doctor for?

Heart related issues.

20. Do you like being home alone or does it freak you out?

I absolutely love being home alone. I can listen to what ever music I want as loud as I want, I can sing as loud as I want without disturbing anyone, I can cook what I want when I want it, I basically don't have to take precautions about anything other than myself and my own needs and wants. Not that I have issues living with other people, but I'm looking forward to the day when I'm financially stable enough to have my own place.

21. Would you ever kiss someone you texted today?

Yes, definitely, and I hope it happens in the near future! *girly giggle*

22. Do you have any bruises at the moment? 

I have one on my thigh, but I have no idea how it got there.

23. How was 2011 for you?

I have a feeling this list is a bit old, haha! Let's see, 2011.. That year I did the last semester of year 11 and the first semester of year 12. I had a boyfriend who I loved very much and I think that on the whole, I was pretty happy that year. However, the relationship did start to get a bit shaky at the end of 2011 and we broke up in february 2012. Two years ago today actually, funnily enough!

24. How late did you stay up last night and why?

About 3AM, I think. Why? Because the lack of a firm schedule like the one I had when I had lectures all day every day followed by swimming practices and then work, has led to a tendency of being awake late and waking up in the middle of the day. I guess it's just how it is to be a student.

25. Do you ever get good morning texts from anyone?

I wish.

26. Do you regret anything you've done lately? 

Not that I recall.

27. What woke you up today?

Not being able to sleep any longer.

28. What makes you happy?

A lot of things. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to have such a great life. By that, I mean how fortunate I am to have parents who are loving and supportive and to have a lot of friends who love me.

29. Ever kissed on a boat?

Yes.

30. Have you ever been told that you are amazing?

Yes, actually!

31. Finish the sentence: the last person I kissed is...

... not likely to ever kiss me again.

32. This time last year, can you remember who you liked?

No, I can't.

33. Do you like when people play with your hair?

Well, since the question is phrased like that, I'd like to specify that even though I do like it when someone specal plays with my hair, it's a whole different story if "people" does it. To all the random, to me unknown people in the world, if you play with my hair without permission, you will have an issue.

34. Do you plan on sleeping in tomorrow?

I wish I could, but I have 9AM lectures, so I can't.

35. Waiting for something?

I'm waiting to have my drivers license back. Only 360 days to go!

36. Was last night terrible?

I don't see why it should have been, and no, it wasn't.

37. Did you lose friends when you started dating someone? 

No, I can't remember that happening to me. I think I had less contact with some of my friends in the "hoeymoon" stage of my relationship with my ex, but when we started calming down a bit, I realised that I should take better care of my friends, and we started having more contact again.

38. Are you the type of person that make people laugh?

I've been told that I am, but I'm far from a class clown.

39. Don't tell me lies, so is the last person you texted attractive?

The last person I texted was Sharleen and that bitch is hot! But I guess I'm supposed to talk about the guy I like and I think he's very attractive. He's also one of the last people I texted.

40. Is tomorrow going to be a good day? 

That depends on what state I'm in when I wake up. If I'm in that "what year is it, where am I, what's my name" state, it will definitely be a bad day filled with a lot of yawning and energy drinks. If I feel deceptively well rested when I wake up and the weather is nice, it will be a good day!

41. Are you missing someone?

I'm missing a lot of someones. I miss all my friends back in Norway, especially Camilla, who has cancer. I just want to wrap my arms around her and protect her from every thing that can go wrong in her life until she beats it, but I know full well that even if I did live at home, I wouldn't be able to.

I miss my parents and my brother like crazy, but I guess I always will as long as I'm not living there.

I miss the guy I'm dating because he's so lovely and sweet and kind and fun to be around.

I miss my nan because she's been gone for 10 years and I wish she could see how grown up I am now in comparison to before she died (granted, I was 9). I wish I could show her how well I'm doing on my own, making a life and a name for my self. I really hope she's proud of both me and my brother, where ever she is.

42. Has anyone ever tried to ruin a relationship you were in?

Not that I know of.

43. Do you believe in karma? 

No.

44. Do you sleep with a fan on?

No?

45. Do you think anyone is thinking about you right now?

I doubt anyone who would think about me is even awake to be honest. However, I do hope that the guy I'm dating thinks about me sometimes during the day.

46. Is there anyone you wish you were spending time with right now? 

Not really. I want to sleep.

47. Do you go to school?

I study BA Criminology at University of Winchester.

48. Is the person you last texted single?

No.

49. Who was driving the last time you were in a car?

The taxi driver.

50. Have you ever used the word "rawr" in an actuall sentence? 

Haha, not that I can recall!

51. Are the blinds on your window open or closed?

Open on one, closed on the other.

52. Did you leave milk and cookies for santa when you were little? 

I can't really remember a time where I was all that obsessed with santa, to be honest. I do remember leaving a carrot outside the door for the easter bunny once, though.

53. What were you doing at 11 last night? 

I think that was when I left the pub to go home and watch the rest of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I know, I have an amazingly interesting life!

54. What could you eat any day of the week and never get tired of?

Chocolate.

55. Is there someone you wouldn't mind kissing right now?

Yes.

56. Someone knocks on your window at 5am, what do you say?

Dude, what the hell?

57. Would you change yourself for the person you love?

I guess I woul chance little things for the person I love, because you have to give to recieve in a relationship. However, major personality traits or similar stuff, he would have to live with. If he doesn't love those things, he's can't love the rest either.

58. Let me guess, the last incoming call was from the opposite sex?

Uhm, yeah, from my lil' bro!

59. What are you supposed to be doing right now?

I have 9AM lectures and it's 2.45AM at the moment. Guess!

60. Would you have sex with the 5th person on your contacts? 

No.

61. To who did you last give the finger to? 

Probably Liva.

62. did your last kiss take place on a bed?

No.

63. Do you have someone who you can be your complete self around?

No, I think I change a tiny bit depending on who I'm with.

64. Do you talk in your sleep?

Haven't heard anything.

65. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Yes. I do wish I would get to see my dad a bit more often, but he loves working at sea and the fact that he's away a lot makes the time we have together that much more special. Also, a lot of people don't even have a father, so I shouldn't complain that mine works at sea to earn a shitload of money to support my family.

66. What time did you wake up today?

Noon-ish

67. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Looking for a website to watch the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

68. What song are you listening to?

Chester See's amazing cover of "One more night" by Maroon 5

69. Has anyone put their arms around you in the last five days?

Yes. I'm lucky like that, I have a lot of hug-ey friends.

70. How do you feel about chocolate covered strawberries?

Chocolate covered strawberries? Where? WHERE?

71. Do you have nice eyes?

My eyes are the thing(s) I like most about myself!

72. Is your current hair colour your natural hair colour? 

I haven't had my natural hair colour for years, thankfully!

73. Are you texting anybody?

Everyone else in my life are sensible people and have gone to bed, so no, not at the moment.

74. Do you swear in front of your parents?

Who do you think taught me most of it?

75. Concert tickets or NFL game tickets?

Concert tickets.

76. Do you tell your parents everything? 

Mostly.

77. Do you have any tattoos?

Yes, six! See the "Piercing & tattoos" page, the link is on the top of the blog home page.

78. If there was something wrong, who would be the first girl you'd go to? 

If it was very serious, like health issues or financial trouble, I would go to my mum (she's a girl too!) If it was manageable by university students who has recently, or not at all, left their teens I would go to Liva, Kristine or Camilla, or (most likely) all three.

79. Do you have any nicknames?

Hannah is a nickname. It's what people in England call me because Hanne Grethe, understandable enough, isn't pronounceable to them.

80. Will you forward this to other blog authors?

Probably not.


1 comment:

Rude and abusive comments will be deleted.