Tuesday 10 June 2014

I got a job!

Yeah, I know I haven't posted anything in ages, sorry about that..

Anyway! I got myself a job! It's basically telemarketing. I'm employedby a company who's emploey by the Norwegian Naval Rescue Company. They are run completely on donations from the business community and I'll be calling different companies all over the country to ask them to make donations. We also put out press releases about the donation when the transaction is complete and everything, but I don't know if I'll be set to writing it. I kind of hope I won't, because after a year of speaking and writing English, my Norwegian sucks..

I start training tomorrow and, to be honest, I am quite nervous. I've been having some issues remembering norwegian words, my brain seems to be set in English mode still, which could cause some awkward situations the first few weeks, but I hope that'll work itself out at some point.

Today has been spent clearing out the basement. My cousins daughter will be moving in with us in august, so we've been clearing out the room that will be hers when she moves in. I've also started clearing out my room, because the water damage we had last summer seems to be in my room as well, so I actually stepped right through the hard wood floors in my room when I came home for summer.. Welcome home, Hannah! Yeah, that was great... I've been exiled to the basement livingroom and will be staying here until my rooms been fixen, which could take a while since it's an insurance case, but hopefully I'll get to move back in a while.

Right now I'm sitting in my bed, alternately playing piano and Hay Day, which I know is slightly pathetic for a soon-to-be-20 year old, but I don't care. I'm also reading up on facts about Norway, such as the lenght of our coastal line and so on, I figure stuff like that will make me sound like I know what I'm talking about to the people I'm going to be trying to convince to donate to the rescue company.

Hopefully I'll be able to sleep soon, just 6 hours until I have to get up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude and abusive comments will be deleted.